Friday 6 July 2012

DIY Acrylic French Manicure Nails




What You Will Need:

Acetone-Based Polish Remover
(Mine's From Superdrug)


Set of Full Cover Acrylic Nails (and Glue)
(Mine is from Boots and is Kiss's pack of 100 short square Full Cover Nails
which comes with the nail glue included - £6.49)


OPTIONAL French Polish Guides
(Mine are from Boots and are Nailene's pack of 96 - £3.05)


French Manicure Nail Polishes.
 Including White Tip Paint, French Pink Polish and a Top Coat.
(Mine is from Boots - £5.25)


An Ordinary Nail File
(I'm not sure where mine is from as it was a Christmas present)



How To...

Step 1 - Clean nails with an acetone-based polish remove to make sure that nails are free of any remaining nail polish.
Step 2 - Start measuring up the Acrylic Nails to your own nails too see which ones fit the base and side of your nails, it doesn't matter if they're too long at this stage as you can file them down later. I find it easier to get out all 10 of the nails before applying them as getting them out of the box and seeing if they fit can be quite difficult with them on.
Step 3 - Apply all 10 Nails. Apply the nail glue to your real nail, making sure you cover all of the nail. Then get the nail that fits and starting at the cuticle press on and hold for 5 seconds. Then repeat on all nails.
Step 4 - Using your file make the nails the size you want them. I opted for a short size as I find it more convenient.
Step 5 - Put the French Tip Guides on to your nails, making sure you leave a gap at the top where you want your white tip to be. Do this to all 10 nails and then using your White Nail Polish, paint the area above the guide. (You don't have to use the guides, if you're confident without them)
Step 6 - Wait until the White tips have dried before you remove the guides. After removing the guides paint the rest of the nail using your Pink Manicure Colour.
Step 7  - Wait until the Pink Manicure has dried and apply your top coat for longer lasting results.


I've always been a bit negative about false nails, this is mainly due to being younger and trying to use the stick on ones that fell off after an hour! Since then I have had my nails done (by salons) using acrylic nails and they've always looked amazing afterwards, so I thought I'd give it a go myself! I didn't have high hopes (mainly due to my nail painting abilities) so was pleasantly surprised with the way they turned out. They're not the best I've ever seen but as this was the first time I've ever attempted something like this hopefully they'll improve the more I do it.


What's your opinion on Acrylic Nails? Are they worth it or would you rather stick to your natural nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment